In This Section
Welcome to our Whitehouse Nursery - Butterfly Class
Our Whitehouse Nursery is an integral part of our school. On joining us, from the term after their third birthday, your child will immediately feel part of our school community. The experienced and caring staff will work with you to settle your child quickly, and will regularly update you on how they are getting on.
The Nursery Class and Reception Class teachers work closely together, to ensure that all of our Early Years children receive the support they need, and progress well.
The purpose built Early Years classrooms are light and bright, and equipped with everything children need to extend their learning with plenty of activities always available for the children to explore both inside and outside.
Resources are made accessible in order that children can make their own choices and the displays and creative areas are developed to enhance children’s interests.
At Whitehouse Nursery we concentrate very much on the important processes of learning and recognise that because children are unique they will learn at different times and different rates. Early learning takes place in all areas of our nursery school and is shaped by the Characteristics of Effective Learning and the Prime and Specific areas of Learning and Development within the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum (EYFS 2021).
To arrange a viewing, or to request an information pack, please contact the School Office.
Aims and Ethos
As Whitehouse Nursery is part of Whitehouse Primary School we share the same ethos and aims as the main school.
Aspire, Believe, Achieve………..together
At Whitehouse Primary School, high expectations of learning, behaviour and respect for each other underpin everything we do. Our teachers strive to create independent, articulate thinkers and learners who have the confidence to achieve their ambitions. This drives us in our pursuit for excellence every day.
“Our vision is to create a school where everyone is welcomed, efforts are valued, ambition is nurtured and where the potential of every child is realised. We aim to create a school that offers an irresistible invitation to learning.”
“We wish for every child to become a successful, resilient life-long learner; a responsible, active member of our community, who can achieve and grow in a nurturing and creative environment. We want them to aspire to high standards of achievement in all areas of their life and be equipped with the skills to make a positive impact in our ever changing world.”
At Whitehouse Primary:
- We aspire to ignite a passion for life-long learning.
- We are committed in our pursuit for excellence.
- We are committed to give our children the best possible future life chances, without limits on learning, attainment and achievement. We have a genuine belief that, given the opportunities, every child can succeed.
- We aspire to develop great thinkers, who are independent, resilient and embrace challenges and new experiences.
- We encourage co-operation and collaboration, everyone taking responsibility for all that they say and do.
- We provide exciting but safe and secure spaces, indoors and outdoors, where children can explore, discover and experiment.
- We value everyone as an individual and encourage respect for others and their opinions.
- We aim to develop a strong community spirit in our children that helps them to become positive, active responsible citizens in the future.
- We celebrate and respect the diverse community in which we live and appreciate our responsibilities as global citizens.
We aim to create an ethos where:
- A welcoming atmosphere is created in school, where children, staff, parents and visitors feel valued.
- Our children are happy, feel safe and supported and enjoy coming to school.
- Our children demonstrate good manners and show consideration to and for others.
- Our children are keen, enthusiastic and totally engaged in their learning.
- There is a growth mind-set. We stay positive, we value learning from mistakes and we keep going when things become tough.
- Our children are reflective and thoughtful about their experiences.
- Our children are motivated and have the confidence to challenge themselves as learners.
- Our school environment supports children’s learning and values their achievements.
- Teaching is creative, exciting and stimulates and extends children’s thinking.
- Our children have a genuine pride in themselves, their efforts and achievements. Talents and creativity are nurtured and encouraged.
- Our staff are committed professionals who demonstrate a love of teaching, a passion for their own, as well as children’s learning and development, and genuine care for the children they teach.
- We have high expectations for all within our community to ensure that we demonstrate the very best standards of conduct, moral purpose and integrity.
The children have shown us just how curious and inquisitive they can be over the last few weeks. We have been exploring our outdoor environment and taken great fascination in getting up close and personal with different bugs and nature! We had a great time on our Muddy puddle walk to the local woods and…
Here are some photos of our wonderful learning in Nursery from last half term. In Nursery we like to play, play, play! Oh and get messy too! Play really is the best way to motivate and engage us and play really does help us to learn how to learn. You’ll see from the photos that…
This term we have been learning about people who help us and we have been lucky enough to receive some very special visitors! The local firemen came down to nursery and the children had a tour of the fire engine! It was great watching the firemen go up 9 stories high in a wobble cage, the…
Over the past few weeks we have noticed that lots of our children are making bigger leaps in their learning and really showing us that they are engaged and excited by the different learning opportunities in our nursery class. We have been amazed by the fantastic mark making and writing produced by our children including…
What a fantastic few weeks of learning and memory making we have had in Nursery! The children have come back to us after Christmas with lots of new ideas and enthusiasm for learning new things. We have also welcomed Lisa Morris to our team and her new key group of children are enjoying getting to…
A very merry Christmas to you all from everybody in the early years team in Foundation class and our Nursery class! We have had the most amazing term and couldn’t be prouder of our children. Each and every child has made fantastic progress since September and we feel very lucky to have a class of…
On Friday the children in Nursery and Foundation were treated to a very special visit from one of the resident forklifts of the Whitehouse building site! We were all very excited to see the forklift in action and were very surprised at how high it could reach! We were able to walk around it and…