In This Section
Guidance on Infection Control in Schools
The document available to download below, provides guidance for schools and other childcare settings, such as nurseries, on infection control issues. It was updated in May 2016.
This guidance provides advice on:
- preventing the spread of infections
- which diseases to vaccinate for
- how long to keep children away from school
- infections such as athlete’s foot, flu, German measles, head lice, impetigo, conjunctivitis, TB
To view then entire document, please click here.
Prevent the spread of infections by ensuring:
- routine immunisation
- high standards of personal hygiene and practice, particularly handwashing
- maintaining a clean environment
For further information and advice visit www.gov.uk/phe or contact your local health PHE centre. See Appendix 1 in the document link for contact details.