In This Section
Welcome to our Whitehouse Nursery - Butterfly Class
Our Whitehouse Nursery is an integral part of our school. On joining us, from the term after their third birthday, your child will immediately feel part of our school community. The experienced and caring staff will work with you to settle your child quickly, and will regularly update you on how they are getting on.
The Nursery Class and Reception Class teachers work closely together, to ensure that all of our Early Years children receive the support they need, and progress well.
The purpose built Early Years classrooms are light and bright, and equipped with everything children need to extend their learning with plenty of activities always available for the children to explore both inside and outside.
Resources are made accessible in order that children can make their own choices and the displays and creative areas are developed to enhance children’s interests.
At Whitehouse Nursery we concentrate very much on the important processes of learning and recognise that because children are unique they will learn at different times and different rates. Early learning takes place in all areas of our nursery school and is shaped by the Characteristics of Effective Learning and the Prime and Specific areas of Learning and Development within the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum (EYFS 2021).
To arrange a viewing, or to request an information pack, please contact the School Office.
Aims and Ethos
As Whitehouse Nursery is part of Whitehouse Primary School we share the same ethos and aims as the main school.
Aspire, Believe, Achieve………..together
At Whitehouse Primary School, high expectations of learning, behaviour and respect for each other underpin everything we do. Our teachers strive to create independent, articulate thinkers and learners who have the confidence to achieve their ambitions. This drives us in our pursuit for excellence every day.
“Our vision is to create a school where everyone is welcomed, efforts are valued, ambition is nurtured and where the potential of every child is realised. We aim to create a school that offers an irresistible invitation to learning.”
“We wish for every child to become a successful, resilient life-long learner; a responsible, active member of our community, who can achieve and grow in a nurturing and creative environment. We want them to aspire to high standards of achievement in all areas of their life and be equipped with the skills to make a positive impact in our ever changing world.”
At Whitehouse Primary:
- We aspire to ignite a passion for life-long learning.
- We are committed in our pursuit for excellence.
- We are committed to give our children the best possible future life chances, without limits on learning, attainment and achievement. We have a genuine belief that, given the opportunities, every child can succeed.
- We aspire to develop great thinkers, who are independent, resilient and embrace challenges and new experiences.
- We encourage co-operation and collaboration, everyone taking responsibility for all that they say and do.
- We provide exciting but safe and secure spaces, indoors and outdoors, where children can explore, discover and experiment.
- We value everyone as an individual and encourage respect for others and their opinions.
- We aim to develop a strong community spirit in our children that helps them to become positive, active responsible citizens in the future.
- We celebrate and respect the diverse community in which we live and appreciate our responsibilities as global citizens.
We aim to create an ethos where:
- A welcoming atmosphere is created in school, where children, staff, parents and visitors feel valued.
- Our children are happy, feel safe and supported and enjoy coming to school.
- Our children demonstrate good manners and show consideration to and for others.
- Our children are keen, enthusiastic and totally engaged in their learning.
- There is a growth mind-set. We stay positive, we value learning from mistakes and we keep going when things become tough.
- Our children are reflective and thoughtful about their experiences.
- Our children are motivated and have the confidence to challenge themselves as learners.
- Our school environment supports children’s learning and values their achievements.
- Teaching is creative, exciting and stimulates and extends children’s thinking.
- Our children have a genuine pride in themselves, their efforts and achievements. Talents and creativity are nurtured and encouraged.
- Our staff are committed professionals who demonstrate a love of teaching, a passion for their own, as well as children’s learning and development, and genuine care for the children they teach.
- We have high expectations for all within our community to ensure that we demonstrate the very best standards of conduct, moral purpose and integrity.
We have had an exciting few weeks since being back from half term. We enjoyed pancake tasting on Shrove Tuesday and discussing our favourite types of pancakes. The children had the opportunity to taste a traditional pancake, chocolate filled crepe and an American pancake. They all enjoyed the chocolate ones! This week some eggs arrived…
This week we were very lucky to receive some very special visitors! On Tuesday 2 Police Officers came to visit us and tell us all about being a Police Officer. We learnt that Police Officers help to keep us safe and we can look for their uniform if we are lost and we dial 999…
Last week we had fun celebrating Chinese New year! One of our parents kindly wrote the characters for the numbers 1 to 30 in Mandarin on cards so we could write them in sand with chopsticks. We were also practising our fine motor skills by using chopsticks to fill bowls with noodles and beansprouts. Outside…
We have had an exciting couple of weeks back at nursery, and this week we have enjoyed meeting new friends that have joined us. The children have had fun learning about the police and firefighters, so the team are planning some visits from the police and fire service later next month. There has been lots on the…
Wow! Our Christmas singing morning was amazing! We are so proud of all of our nursery children, they sat beautifully and sang their hearts out. We also enjoyed watching family members taking part in some festive crafts after the performance and enjoying a mince pie. On Wednesday our festivities continued with our party lunch. All…
We have been enjoying lots of Christmas activities in Nursery! At the beginning of December we had our Enrichment morning where the children took part in creating a Christmas decoration , Christmas biscuits and dressing the tree. Staff and children had a magical time. This week we have been embracing the wet weather by mixing powder paint…
The nursery children had a fantastic morning with Lynn from Lion Learners. There was a range of animals for the children to meet and hold. They met a Snake, a hedgehog called Mr Chog, Millipedes called Mr and Mrs Tickle, Bubble and Squeak the Guinea Pigs, an African land snail, leaf insects, a gerbil and a…
Wow what a way to celebrate Diwali! Whitehouse Primary have enjoyed the most amazing day celebrating the Festival of Light. We were greeted by beautiful rangoli patterns on the entrance to school and beautiful flowers and decorations in our school hall. All the staff were dressed in the most beautiful sari’s and traditional dresses –…
Although its June and the sun should be shining, the nursery children have been making the most of the wet and windy weather! The children put on their wellies and went outside to jump in all the big puddles! They even added extra water to make the puddles bigger. The mud kitchen has also been…
We would like to say a big thank you to all that attended our Fathers day breakfast in nursery last Friday. The children had a lovely time! It was great to see everyone getting involved in the children’s play and having fun!