School Closure - Nursery Home Learning
Tier 5 National Lockdown January 2021
Our Nursery is open to all children from 11th January 2021. If your child is isolating please follow the links on the Daily Remote Learning Plan via the MS Sway link sent by ParentMail on 3rd January.
Additional activities can be found below.
We have put together some ideas and some links that we think your children will enjoy.
EYFS development matters: https://www.foundationyears.org.uk/files/2012/03/Development-Matters-FINAL-PRINT-AMENDED.pdf
This guidance gives you an insight into how the children are assessed according to age related development and how we support the children’s development with next steps.
Phonics (Phase 1)/Literacy:
A focus has been placed on phase 1 phonics to develop the children listening skills to enhance their ability to hear sounds in words
I spy (in and around the home)
Learn to recognise and write your name
Practice using scissors (cutting old magazines and catalogues)
Matching sound to objects in and round the home (telephone, tap running etc.)
Sound walk/hunt (What noises can you hear in the house/garden)
Read and share stories
Following simple instructions
Engage in story talk using props, puppets and resources
Links to useful websites:
- Daily stories: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b00jdlm2/cbeebies-bedtime-stories
- Alpha-blocks episodes: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/alphablocks
- Phase 1 phonics games:
- Visit Oxford Owl for free eBooks that link to your child’s book band. You can create a free account. Complete the linked Play activities for each book. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home
- Learning letter formation: http://www.thebellbird.cambs.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Letter-formation-chart.pdf
We have been focusing on numbers sense of numbers 1-5. The emphasis has been on understanding numbers and what numbers are all about, for example different ways of presenting numbers, counting one-to-one correspondence, subitizing and making comparisons between different quantities.
I spy for number in and around the home
Lay/set up the dinner table
Play board games, dice games
Make a sandwich
Help cook dinner
Colour/size sorting (washing)
Shape hunt (2D shapes)
Links to useful websites:
- Number songs and rhymes lyrics: http://www.teachingyourchild.org.uk/number-songs.htm?LMCL=Hgrtds&LMCL=KLXYez&LMCL=Hgrtds&LMCL=bbHIb3&LMCL=QePU1Z&LMCL=bbHIb3&LMCL=Hgrtds&LMCL=KLXYez
- Watch a Numberblocks clip each day at: CBeebies https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/numberblocks.
Use this guide https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/joinin/numberblocks-help-your-child-with-maths to give you an idea of what to do with your children whilst watching an episode.
Understanding the world:
It is important for the children to learn knowledge and skills with regard to the world around them, this includes showing care and concern for living things, representing and sharing experiences they have been a part of at home, in school and within their community. As well as using technology and exploring different environments, textures and events.
Use technology to take pictures of your home learning
Send school a post card
Learn facts about your favourite animal
Nature walk in the local area
Nature collage making
Potion making (petals, water, pans, bottles)
Bug hunt in the garden
Planting and growing
Making a rain shaker (Bottles/rice)
Make a family tree
Links to useful websites:
- Science activities: https://www.britishscienceweek.org/app/uploads/2020/01/BSA_BSW_EarlyYears_1119v6.pdf
- All about animals: http://www.first-school.ws/theme/animals.htm
- Nature Detectives- Woodland trust: https://naturedetectives.woodlandtrust.org.uk/naturedetectives/activities/search/?activityAgeRange=100016056
- Watch it and Read it learning opportunities: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome/grades-prek-k.html
- Cheap and easy craft activities: https://cdn.babbledabbledo.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/CHEAP-AND-EASY-CRAFTS-ACTIVITIES-GUIDE.pdf
Build/create something from junk modelling/cardboard boxes.
Makes cards for Easter
Draw a self portrait
Teddy bears picnic
Turn taking games
Practice putting on shoes independently
Learning to zip up their coat independently
Make musical instruments with pots and pans
Water activities in the bath with cups, pans, bowls, jugs
More useful links:
- Make playdough https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/playdough-recipe
- 50 activity ideas https://famly.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/The-EYFS-Activity-Library-50-EYFS-Activities-UK.pdf
- Singing https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/school-radio/nursery-rhymes-songs-index/zhwdgwx
- Home learning activity ideas: http://www.tts-group.co.uk/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-TTSSharedLibrary/default/vaea75f5663a038b8658d258fd198e57ce70b35d6/images/homepage/Early_Years_Home_Learning_Collection.pdf?version=1,584,037,589,000
- Useful apps: https://hungrylittleminds.campaign.gov.uk/#3
- Daily play emails: https://www.boromi.co.uk/dailyplay
- Try at home ideas: https://abcdoes.com/home-learning/
- 28 days of activities: https://www.borntobeadventurous.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/28-days-of-activities.pdf
Free printable worksheets: